How to open an bank account in Spain if you are a foreigner?


Spanish law requires financial institutions to identify
reliably to customers. The documents vary depending on the place of
Spaniards must present the identity document / NIF (number
tax identification).
Community citizens must facilitate:
1) passport and NIE (foreigner identity number); or
2) identity document of your country and NIE); or
3) TIE (foreign identity card).
Citizens from non-EU countries must present in
in any case the TIE.
Spaniards not resident in national territory must prove
this condition with the NIF or passport plus the consular certificate of
inscription in the country's resident registry or DRF3. The rest of
foreigners must present passport or identity document
from your country plus the negative residence certification issued by
Ministry of the Interior or DRF3.
BBVA asks future clients for minimum activity data.
This information is reflected in the DAE document (Declaration of Activity
economic) where the client informs the entity of his professional activity
together with the authorization of the processing of your personal data to comply
with the applicable regulations in this matter.
To accredit and contrast what has been declared by the client, BBVA can request,
also, documents that justify the economic activity or require the client
information about the origin of your funds. The documentation in this case
It depends on whether the new client is self-employed or employed.

We use our own and third-party cookies for analytical and service purposes (such as displaying cartographic maps or allowing property sharing on social networks)

More information